The M68 is the largest grinder we have. It is an ideal reference grinder for counter-top use only, though you could always box it up (it comes with a pretty cool protective cage that has a leather strap/handle on top) and take it on the road with you if weight isn’t a concern, or buckle it in the car and take it to a friend’s house. The burr adjustment mechanism is like all Kinu grinders: it is easy to adjust from the top of the grinder, and tight micro clicks keep it in place without slippage.
In the cup, I believe this to be one of the best 68mm grinders as it comes so well aligned. I’m not certain the alignment procedure or what goes into it is proprietary, but I have been very impressed with the results after owning 20+ espresso grinders.
The main downside is the 1:3 reducing gear ratio for me. This making grinding easy, but obviously takes 3x the amount of turns, it doesn’t sound like a big deal, but first few grindings you get tired. The M68 would be an ideal candidate to DIY motorize as low torque would be needed by comparison to other 68mm grinders.
- Removable Stainless Steel Crank Handle – Vertical Orientation
- 1:3 Reducing Gear Ratio – Makes it easier to turn on light roasts, but increases number of revolutions needed for the handle.
- Precision Stainless Steel Bearings
- Stainless Steel Upper Housing – Brushed, not polished as in pics
- Highly Precise (small adjustments) Click Adjustment System – Designed for Espresso, but fast to change for other brew methods.
- Anti-Static Stainless & Plastic Catch Jar
- Zero Burr Rub At Finest Setting
- Perfect Burr Alignment at Factory
- Disassembly Without Any Tools
- 68mm Italmill Conical Steel Burr Set
- 11 lb (5.0 kg)
- 7 x 7 x 8.66 inches (18 x 18 x 22 cm) – L x W x H – 18cm diameter base
- 1:3 Reducing Gear Ratio
- 10 Year Warranty
- Designed in Germany
- Manufactured in EU